Pemaquid Point Lighthouse
Click here for a gallery of Pemaquid Point Light photos on Shutterfly (prints and gift items available)
Location: Entrance to Muscongus Bay and John Bay
Coordinates: 43 50 12 N 69 30 21 W
View Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in a larger map
The grounds and keeper's house are owned and managed by the Town of Bristol. The Fisherman's Museum is in the keeper's house:
phone (207) 677-2494 . A one-bedroom apartment in the keeper's house is available for weekly vacation rentals; click here for details.
The lighthouse tower is licensed to American Lighthouse Foundation Volunteers of the Friends of Pemaquid Point Lighthouse (a chapter of ALF) manage the tower only. Volunteers open the tower in season (Memorial Day to Columbus Day) to the public every day from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The tower might be closed on rainy days or if there are no volunteers available. There is no charge to climb the tower but donations are appreciated.
Station established: 1827
Present lighthouse built: 1835
Construction material: Stone
Other buildings still standing: 1857 keeper's house, 1896 oil house, fog bell tower (reconstructed 1992)
Height of tower: 38 feet
Height of focal plane: 79 feet
© 1997-2013 Jeremy D'Entremont. Do not reproduce any images or text from this website without permission of the author.