Curtis Island Lighthouse
Click here for a gallery of Curtis Island Light photos on Shutterfly (prints and gift items available)
Location: Entrance to Camden Harbor
Coordinates: 44 12 06 N 69 02 54 W
View Curtis Island Lighthouse in a larger map
Active U.S. Coast Guard aid to navigation.
Maintained by: Town of Camden
Accessibility: The island is a public park but is accessible only by boat. The lighthouse is not open to the public. The lighthouse is most easily seen from sightseeing cruises leaving Camden Harbor.
Station established: 1835
Present lighthouse built: 1896
Construction material: BrickOther buildings still standing: 1889 keeper's house, 1889 barn, 1889 boathouse, 1895 oil house
Height of tower: 25 feet
Height of focal plane: 52 feet
Previous optic: Fourth order Fresnel lens (now at Camden Public Library)
Present optic: 300 mm
Characteristic: Occulting green, four seconds (four seconds of green followed by one second of darkness)
Camden Resource and Vacation Guide
Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce
Maine.info: Resources for Maine Travel & Living
© 1997-2013 Jeremy D'Entremont. Do not reproduce any images or text from this website without permission of the author.